Managers and supervisory staff are increasingly being called upon to conduct malpractice investigations within the workplace. The purpose of the investigation may be to establish that a crime has been committed, prior to calling the police, or it may be in support of potential litigation and/or internal disciplinary procedures. This highly interactive programme with many practical elements will provide the basic skills necessary to undertake fair, legally compliant and effective internal investigations.
To introduce and develop the basic knowledge and skills required to conduct effective and legally compliant corporate investigations and interviews.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the commercial considerations taken into account when initiating an investigation
- Understand and discuss the need for a legally compliant investigation
- Differentiate between Criminal Law & Civil Law
- Discuss the various legal constraints when conducting an investigation
- Be aware of pertinent legislation to the investigation process, including the
- Privacy Laws
- Demonstrate how to manage an investigation file and prepare reports
- Be conversant with the various types of evidence
- Identify, discuss and demonstrate the basic requirements and skills needed for effective interviewing
- Show how to present evidence and investigation findings
- Corporate Risk Management
- Investigation Objectives & Options
- Criminal & Civil Law
- Investigation Methodology
- Information, Intelligence or Evidence?
- Interview Techniques
- Presenting a Case
Course Duration: 4 days
Course Fees: Available on request.